Constructed in 1841, the plinth was empty for 150 years having originally been intended for an equestrian statue.
Since 1999 the plinth has been a temporary home for contemporary art works. The art works tend to change every couple of years but some installations remain longer than others.
UG: Charing Cross 0.1km
OG: London Charing Cross 0.3km
UG: Leicester Square 0.35km
Public access to the area is always open.
Always check details regarding opening hours, accessibility and pricing before travelling.