Originally part of the medieval Finchley Wood.
Opened to the public in 1915, it used to be called Dirt House Wood as much of the horse manure from Londons streets was spread here as fertiliser.
There are free tennis courts, a childrens play area and open grassland surrounded by the woods.
UG: East Finchley 0.36km
UG: Highgate 1.35km
UG: Finchley Central 2.8km
Always check details regarding opening hours, accessibility and pricing before travelling.