Barking Abbey was founded in 666AD and was closed by Henry VII in 1539 as part of the dissolution of the monasteries.
The Abbey Garden and the site of the Abbey itself was opened as a public garden in 1913. The largest part of the remains is the Curfew Tower, a grade II listed building.
OG&UG: Barking 0.48km
UG: East Ham 1.66km
UG: Upney 1.86km
Always check details regarding opening hours, accessibility and pricing before travelling.