The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street was founded in 1694 to act as the governments banker.
It moved to this site in 1734. Its Old Lady nickname comes from a cartoon from 1797.
UG: Bank 0.09km
OG&UG: London Cannon Street 0.36km
UG: Monument 0.44km
The bank is not open to members of the public, but the Bank Of England museum is just around the corner in Bartholemew Lane.
Always check details regarding opening hours, accessibility and pricing before travelling.